Thursday, August 04, 2005

More meme-ing

Believe it or not, I've started looking at memes as a method to encourage thought. Case in point, S.A. is hesitant to do the last one I sent her way because she's afraid to put the "wrong" answer. I laugh, but it honestly makes me happy. Music is important, at least to me, so I say "consider carefully." On that note I have a couple updates to my last one and at least a couple more I'm gonna do today. First to the updates-

Under the "last album purchased" line I must now put London Calling by the Clash. I know, I can't believe I didn't already have it either. We went to pick up L.C. + Never Mind the Bollocks by the Sex Pistols for a friend's birthday last night and when I picked it up I realized I had to grab a second copy for myself. I've always recognized the greatness of the album, but never got around to buying it. Yet another wrong now righted.

Secondly, adding another song to the important song list- "Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie. This is a complete double meaning song. First, it's a great song with a great message and second, it makes me think of college. Drew re-wrote the lyrics to it during a broadcast communications class and I still think of his lyrics every time I hear it. I invariably sing along with it, often alternating the real and re-written lyrics as I go. (There are a lot of Muppets songs that nearly make me tear up, when I think about it. I'm Going to Go Back There Some Day, Together Again, Happiness Hotel, It Feels Like Christmas, Love Led Us Here...

Anyway, on to another music meme.

  1. Open up the music player on your computer.
  2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
  3. Hit the “shuffle” command.
  4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That’s right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It’s time for total musical honesty.
  5. Write it up in your blog or journal and link back to at least a couple of the other sites where you saw this.
  6. If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don’t have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you’d like.

So here's my list-

1. "Time of Your Life" - Randy Newman

2. "Love Comes to Everyone" - George Harrison

3. "Reason to Live" - Kiss

4. "It's Don't Come Easy" - Ringo Starr

5. "Uneasy Street" - Pete Townshend

6. "Rock of Ages" - Def Leppard

7. "Can't You Hear Me Knockin' " - Rolling Stones

8. "Club at the End of the Street" - Elton John

9. "Fistfull of Rain" - Warren Zevon

10. "Proud Mary" - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Alright folks. Lets have some comments and links to your lists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I'll see your "Proud Mary" and raise you a "Fourtunate Son".

In the words of the great rapper-philosopher Ice Cube:

AK-47 is a tool.

AK-47 IS A TOOL!

Later.