Friday, July 22, 2005

Job Security

More random thoughts-

I got a comment from someone I don't know on a recent posting. She said it was good reading. (Thank you very much.) She also said she appreciated the intelligent commentary. (Hah hah! I believe it was Mark Twain who said "If you can't blind 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit." Yet another victim completely snowed by Yours Truly and his Verbal Diarrhea.) But it occurs to me that I'm not sure what I think about strangers reading my blog. I mean, obviously that was my point when I started the silly thing, but I didn't actually think that anyone would READ it. Even my wife doesn't listen to me, and she has a certain affinity for me. (As SJP would say, "WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING???")
So I ask all y'all out there in the blogosphere, do you write differently when you know that people are reading, out do you keep spouting the same useless drivel and politically-charged vitriol that you started with? Should I be worried about people sending me letter bombs if I insult their ideas? (I'm really afraid of conservative Christians, as a general rule... I'll take a room full of Muslims any day.)
Anyway, to Kim from Mississippi- Thanks for reading! Check in often! And if you have any ideas of things I should talk about, feel free to tell me. I can spout off on just about anything, but can't come up with a decent idea about what to write to save my life. (This is why I never kept a journal as a kid, even though my english teachers kept repeating that who "Writers write!" stuff.)

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I never talk about work on my blog. Other than that, I don't worry about it much. My friends and my parents know the address, so that does occasionally affect what I post and how much I write about certain things. It hasn’t taken the place of my journal.

Spike said...

Thanks. :) I'll pass your wishes on to S.A. She'll greatly appreciate them. You should really check her blog - usebigwords.blogspot.com - she's a much better writer than I am.

Anonymous said...

Lets see, I have 4 blogs. One I haven't looked at since..I graduated frm 10th grade (and I just graduated frm HS - yay). The other one is for all the junk FWDs I get(where ppl think they make u laff or cry with w/e stuff is in it). Another's on msn(had to try that one) and the last one, I use to vent the teen frustrations haha. I never cared what others would think of it all, but lately yah.. I think twice before hitting the "Publish" button. Its just that my sis 'accidentally' let my mom see it once..not good. Friends-no prob. Strangers-even better. Parents-naah. Having experienced both, being oblivious abt whoever is reading your blog is way better. Take care! luv ta S.A.