Thursday, November 09, 2006

Holy Crap...

We won.

And by "we", I mean rational, conscientious Americans as a whole. The American people have spoken and they say, (to quote Lou Dobbs - and I can guarantee this is definitely the first time we've quoted Lou Dobbs on my blog...) "[Washington,] Shut up and Listen!"

Democrats now have control of the House. They have control of the Senate. And Rumsfeld is FINALLY gone.

It's about damn time!

They FINALLY have the right people in enough positions of power that they can offset some of the moronic policies put in place by President Can't-tell-my-ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground.

Now we pray that they don't screw it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I posted this on DailyKos, but I'll repeat it here:

I was prepared for the worst Tuesday, but the Democratic domination of the House results kept a spark of hope alive within me. I even dared hope that we might take the Senate and really be able to clean house. You can't imagine how excited I was when Burns and Allen conceded!

I say all of this as a 28 year old white Anglo male. I am supposed to be the establishment, and I'm not supposed to have any complaints about the Bush junta. Well, I also like to think of myself as an intelligent member of the human race. I also don't believe that I need to step on others and fill my heart with hatred to live a healthy, successful, and fulfilling life.

I look around DC and I see a lot of decrepit, disgusting white, Anglo males that have failed our government, our country, and our people. In some cases such as Rummy and Cheney they have been failing us for over 35 years.

This is why I am excited that Nancy Pelosi will be Speaker of the House and John Conyers will be Chair of the Judiciary Subcommitee. I recognize them as fellow intelligent human beings, and I think they will bring new ideas and perspectives to an establishment stultifying under the weight of decrepit, Anglo, white men and their cronies.