Friday, May 14, 2010

Good times...

It's been a good afternoon. The fact that it's Friday and I don't have to teach for 2 days definitely doesn't hurt.

After school today I was asked (or volunteered... or was asked to volunteer... I dunno) to help plan out the school-wide remediation plan and schedule for the next two weeks. So I spent a couple hours after school sitting with the principal and then I've been firing email back and forth with her all evening.

I realize that doing extra work is not normally cause for a good mood, but I've felt a little out-on-an-island for a good part of this year and having the principal ask for my help and then run not only logistical info (my strength) but also curriculum for gifted 3rd- through 5th- graders by me has been VERY validating.

Also, I think I'm gonna be teaching a bunch of kids to play chess and, possibly, Strat-o-matic baseball for the next two weeks. This could be very cool.

Laterz.

No comments: