Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 in Review

  1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? I made a baby.
  2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I’ve never made a New Year’s Resolution. I’m gonna this year, though.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Two of my wife’s cousins had their first babies. We’re up next.
  4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
  5. What countries did you visit? None.
  6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? I’m gonna have a baby boy.
  7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Friday, August 5th. That’s the day we found out we were pregnant.
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I got hired and promoted twice in a 6-month span.
  9. What was your biggest failure? I live the same failure every day. I will never be able to live up to the example set forth for me by my grandpa.
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Healthy as a horse.
  11. What was the best thing you bought? Fertility shots.
  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mother-in-law. At some point this year, she finally crossed over into the light and declared (at least to my wife and I) that’s she’s no longer a Republican and she agrees that President Bush IS evil.
  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Dubya’s
  14. Where did most of your money go? I’m not sure. It sure did disappear fast, though.
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Sam
  16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Beautiful Boy
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? WAY Happier b) thinner or fatter? Fatter c) richer or poorer? About the same, but looking up.
  18. What do you wish you'd done more of? I wish I'd spent more time with the gang.
  19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinating
  20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve was with my family – S.A., Mom, Pop, Frog, Aunt Marie, Uncle Joe & Aunt Beck, Jake, & Sara. Christmas Day was with S.A.’s clan. Sylv & Danno, Rach & Jeff, Matt & Joe, Amy, Joe & the girls, the Scotts, more Hamps, assorted grandparents, etc.
  21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Every day, over and over again
  22. How many one-night stands? None
  23. What was your favorite TV program? House or West Wing
  24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
  25. What was the best book you read? S.A. formatted and put every installation of NPR’s This I Believe series in a binder of me for Christmas. I read it, with tears streaming down my face, for hours.
  26. What was your greatest musical discovery? More of a re-deiscovery really. Hooked on Classics. This time on CD.
  27. What did you want and get? A good job and a pregnant wife.
  28. What did you want and not get? A jeep.
  29. What was your favorite film of this year? I think I went to fewer movies this year than any year since I got my driver’s license.
  30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I don’t think I really did much. I turned 27.
  31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Finshing up the mortgage process.
  32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? “Sweetie? What should I wear???”
  33. What kept you sane? Who says I’m sane?
  34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Can’t really think of anybody offhand.
  35. What political issue stirred you the most? Iraq.
  36. Who did you miss? Drew, Shawna, Steve, Michelle, Jen, Kerry, Carol, & PJ
  37. Who was the best new person you met? I don’t really think I met anyone new this year, but I’m closer than before with a number of people.
  38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Stuff works out.
  39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"If not for you
My sky would fall,
Rain would gather too.
Without your love I'd be nowhere at all,
I'd be lost if not for you."
-George Harrison
“If Not for You”

No comments: